Vulnerability Analyst – Summer Intern (Belfast)
Black Duck Software is the leader in open source software security and compliance. With thousands of new vulnerabilities reported each year, our customers require timely data on vulnerabilities and actionable remediation strategies.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about security and wish to explore the legal, compliance & security issues associated with Open Source Software. This position will involve analysis of large datasets spanning multiple sources, the successful candidate would be expected to engage with senior team members and assist with security research efforts.
- Perform vulnerability analysis and documentation
- Engage with senior security researchers
- Document security tools and associated systems
- Perform security research activities on both known and unknown vulnerabilities
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of various operating systems and common applications, including: Windows, Linux, Apache Tools, and Web Frameworks
- Ability to perform vulnerability/penetration assessments.
- Familiar with various testing tools & strategies (Static/Dynamic analysis, Fuzzing, Intercepting Proxies, Black/white box)
- Knowledge of detection & protection technologies (IDS/IPS/WAF)
- Awareness of KillChain model
- Solid understanding of existing threats & mitigation/remediation strategies
- Scripting experience (Various: Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Pursuing BSc/MSc/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of various testing techniques including static & dynamic analysis, fuzzing
- Demonstrated understanding of the Secure Development Lifecycle (security requirements, threat modeling, attack surface analysis)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced agile environment
- Strong engineering abilities/Python scripting
- Excellent team collaboration
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities whilst being able to work independently
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, Vancouver, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via: Black Duck Careers