Video Content Developer- Technical
How will you describe your work at Black Duck to your friends?
- I work for a fast-paced, innovative leader in the open source software industry
- I am responsible for the creation of modern, dynamic content for the Black Duck Academy e-learning portal. Black Duck customers use my courses to accelerate their time to value and stay up to date on product advancements and the open source industry as a whole
- I support other Black Duck educational offerings as well, including any in-person classroom training, special marketing events, virtual training sessions, and more. I’m occasionally called upon to deliver content to customers face-to-face to but I focus most of my energy on the design and development of self-paced learning content and video tutorials
- The materials I create are used to support the Black Duck Hub, Black Duck’s flagship open source identification solution. It helps development and security teams manage the security and licensing risks associated with using open source
How will you be doing this?
- Understand what challenges Black Duck customers are facing and understand how Black Duck solutions can help
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on the use of Black Duck Hub and its associated integrations
- Develop learning objectives and competency requirements and produce the necessary courseware and supporting materials (scripts, storyboards, audio, video, and assessments)
- Work closely with other departments such as Product Management, Implementation Services, Engineering, and Technical Support to uncover opportunities for other training that can help drive customer success
- Update and curate current e-learning materials
- Assist with administration of the Black Duck learning management system (Skilljar - LMS)
What will you bring to the team?
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Technical field (Engineering, Math, Computer Science)
- Experience working at a software company
- Experience providing training to technical staff (administrators, developers, architects, etc.)
- An enthusiasm for learning and sharing knowledge
- Customer-focus, passionate about helping customers succeed
- Familiarity with the Software Development process
- Familiarity with open source technology
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to work at a fast-paced, agile software company
- 3-5 years of e-learning design, production, and deployment experience using popular tools like Camtasia, Captivate, and Storyline
- Interest or appreciation of graphic design, and the use of the Adobe Creative Suite tools
- An understanding of how the modern learner consumes and retains information
- A comfort with presenting in front of a live audience
- A willingness to travel occasionally to deliver training regionally (approximately once per quarter)
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
Interested applicants may apply via Careers at Black Duck Software