Technical Support Engineer (Belfast)
Technical Support Engineer
Black Duck Software is seeking an exceptional Technical Support Engineer to join our Technical Support team! The Technical Support Engineer will provide email and telephone based technical and product usage support to Black Duck enterprise level customers and evaluators.
The ideal candidate has previous Technical Support experience with enterprise software application products and is a strong verbal and interpersonal communicator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide email/telephone based technical and product usage support to Black Duck enterprise level customers and evaluators
- Enhance customer satisfaction by timely responses, consistent communications, satisfactorily resolving each case and prompt escalation to support management when needed
- Diagnose problems in a 3 tier environment that includes java and browser-based clients, an application server, and a back-end database
- Reproduce product issues for resolution by Engineering
- Provide product usage guidance
- Work with the pre-sales team to provide technical support for sales activities where needed
- Proactively provide online content, including solutions to common problems, preventative advice and answers to customer forum questions
- Disseminate potential sales opportunities
- Assist with customer communications including technical product announcements, shipping media, and upgrade recommendations
- 1 or more years of customer technical support experience with enterprise software application products
- Previous experience troubleshooting complex software applications
- Previous experience troubleshooting customer code and providing small code samples
- Strong technical expertise in one or more of the following:
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Linux shell and administration
- Application Servers, particularly Tomcat
- C# or .Net programming
- Databases, SQL
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high level customer satisfaction
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The ability to ask questions, parse answers for facts and effectively provide next steps and action plans.
- Must be able to work off-hour shifts on an as needed basis
- Exposure to developer processes such as check-ins, compiling, and unit testing would be a bonus.
- Knowledge or experience with Jenkins, TeamCity and other build management or integrations systems is a plus.
About Black Duck:
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers