Senior Software Engineer - Alliances
At Black Duck Software, you’ll work alongside world-class engineers to create systems that simplify using open-source software. Engineers on our Strategic Alliances team find innovative technical ways to integrate our open-source risk and security management systems with some of the world’s most exciting cloud-based infrastructure and platforms.
Senior Software Engineers at Black Duck are individual contributors working in a collaborative, creative, and fast-paced technical environment. Engineers on the Alliances team are responsible for the design, implementation, testing, documentation and support of our strategic third-party integrations, which themselves are often released to the open-source community.
This Senior Software Engineer position is based in our Burlington, Massachusetts office and reports to a local software development manager. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated idea generator with Java experience and strong verbal and interpersonal skills. Candidates would ideally have experience with cloud-based platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform), container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift), open-source distribution systems (GitHub), Linux operating systems, and Java Frameworks (Spring, Hibernate).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, develop, test, document and support high-quality software products written in Java
- Conduct new technology research; bring fresh ideas and concepts to bear on product development
- Serve as an individual contributor in an Agile team
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- 5+ of programming experience with Java
- Hands-on experience developing complex cloud-based systems
- Experience with agile software development
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Google Container Engine, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift)
- Experience with Java Frameworks (e.g., Spring, Hibernate)
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work/solve problems as part of a team as well as independently
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open-source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts, and has offices in Mountain View, California, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com.
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers.