Linux / Postgres Administrator
As a technical lead for the company’s Information Technology Group, you will be responsible for supporting the reliability and security of our current corporate infrastructure.
This role requires a highly motivated, proactive and skilled individual that isn’t afraid to take on large projects and work with stakeholders to shepherd projects through successful completion.
- 200 physical servers / 1400 virtual
- 300+ desktop and laptop devices
- Advanced networking infrastructure
- Two dedicated datacenters plus remote locations in EMEA and APAC
Duties and responsibilities:
- Implement and administration of multiple PostgresSQL installations
- Manage extracting, loading and transforming data in and out of various data assets
- Cluster maintenance including administrating, monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting
- Provide consistent database maintenance, optimization and best practices inputs to existing NoSQL and SQL databases and applications
- Articulate and implement best practices around NoSQL and SQL based heterogeneous
- Experience in capacity planning, cluster designing and deployment, troubleshooting and tuning the databases
- Help support our current infrastructure
- Take lead on projects and drive them through implementation
- Ensure network/system security and assist with audits and policy implementation
- Performance analysis and tuning
- System and application monitoring
- Create and organize documentation
- Participate in the, paid, on-call rotation
- Provide off-hours and weekend support as needed
- 3+ years in SQL based administration activities, including data warehousing, applications development and support
- Practical experience with: PostgresSQL, Managing Database Availability, Storage, Data, Memory, Performance tuning, Installations, Patching, Upgrade, Migration, Advanced Backup and Recovery
- Strong background with Linux critical.
- Experience with configuration management using puppet, chef, cfengine or equivalent.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, VMware ESX, KVM, QEMU and/or VirtualBox.
- Demonstrated ability with perl, bash or equivalent language.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking and Internet protocols.
- Ability to demonstrate creative thinking, advanced problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work well in high-pressure situations.
- Experience with the following are pluses:
- Amazon Cloud products
- Experience with switches and network design
- Active Directory
- Exchange/Office 365
Education & Work Experience:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing
Interested applicants may apply via Careers at Black Duck Software