Content Marketing Manager
Are you an expert at telling stories? Can you translate business needs and objectives into high-quality, marketing content? Black Duck helps organizations around the globe secure and manage open source in their applications and containers. Open source use is growing rapidly and so is Black Duck. We are looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Content Marketing Manager to help us engage and educate Enterprise and Small Business buyers with high-value, high-impact content. As part of the Product Marketing team you will apply your knowledge of storytelling and creative content execution with an understanding of B2B marketing and buyer needs.
Come help build the future of open source security and management with one of the fastest growing companies in the Boston area.
- Develop content-based marketing campaigns/roadmaps based Enterprise and SMB buyer needs, marketing events, and strategic marketing initiatives
- Write, edit, and oversee end-to-end production for new content assets including eBooks/whitepapers, infographics, and videos, as well as web and blog content
- Work collaboratively with marketing, product, and sales teams to identify new content needs and opportunities and ensure that produced content is meeting those needs.
- Research and seek to understand trends and issues that our customers care about in their roles and industries, tailoring content for different audiences and driving content repurposing and reuse.
- Review externally developed materials, when needed, to ensure adherence to brand guidelines and voice.
- Track and evaluate content asset lead generation performance, working with SEO/CRO manager to identify and implement improvements to the content portfolio.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, demonstrating passion around finding the best way to tell every story.
- 4-plus years’ experience as a marketing content creator, including at least 2 years of enterprise software or related B2B communications.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar degree.
- Experience writing about application security or development is preferred.
- Technology curious, with a demonstrated ability to quickly come up to speed and develop content for new technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to guide the content creation process from ideation through execution.
- Experience in digital marketing campaign strategy, content marketing and performance measurement
- Work well under pressure, juggling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, especially outlining and writing long-form content
- Strong project management skills and experience working successfully with cross-functional teams
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with focused attention to detail
- Passion for customers and drive to understand buyer needs, translating that into relevant and useful content assets
- Can share recent examples showing the breadth of your experience.
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
Interested applicants may apply via Careers at Black Duck Software