M&A Due Diligence
Uncover Unknown Open Source Components and Associated Legal, Export, and Security Risks
Your business, legal and engineering teams need a fast, secure, and thorough analysis of software intellectual property (IP) assets when M&A (mergers and acquisitions) transactions are in motion. Black Duck's Open Source Audits augment your own due diligence efforts to help you quickly identify open source and third-party code along with related software provenance and licensing obligations. Armed with this knowledge, you can better understand the value of target assets and avoid post-close surprises.
Our processes are fine-tuned and our expert consultants are trained to provide the responsiveness, speed and discretion required to reduce business risk, meet deadlines, and keep the deal moving.
- Scan code to identify undeclared and unknown open source and third-party software and associated licenses to mitigate potential legal exposure
- Provide a more thorough and accurate analysis than possible through manual audits by using multiple code scanning techniques
- Detect encryption algorithms that can impact and restrict the legal export of acquired software
- Highlight security vulnerabilities and other risks that can impact software asset value in an Open Source Risk Assessment
- Compare target code and development processes to industry standards with a Code Quality Audit