At Black Duck, community is at the heart of everything we do. Our software, consulting and free community resources connect organizations to the world of open source, while helping open source developers connect with each other to find, utilize and contribute open source code.
Black Duck sponsors and operates these free community resources:
- The Black Duck Open Hub, the most comprehensive public directory of open source software, offers developers an in-depth look into individual open source projects for evaluating, tracking, and comparing over 550,000 projects. The Open Hub's project data is freely licensed under Creative Commons, enabling further analysis and tracking.
- Open Hub Code Search, a powerful code search engine indexing more than 10 billion lines of code, offers developers a fast and easy path to review detailed source code from all the projects in the Black Duck Open Hub.
- Open Source Delivers blog, a preeminent destination for open source industry experts to share news, trends and opinions about the adoption and enablement of open source.
- Open Source Think Tank, an international event where industry leaders and visionaries collaborate on the future of open source.
- Open Source Rookies of the Year, a Black Duck annual program recognizing the top open source projects initiated each year.
- The Future of Open Source Survey, is an annual gauge of key trends and the issues facing organizations in the open source community. The survey is sponsored by Black Duck, North Bridge Venture Partners and Forrester Research.
In addition, Black Duck is also active in the following open source organizations:
- Member of the Linux Foundation, the Eclipse Foundation, Open Health Tools, Open Source for America, the Open Source Software Institute, and the Chinese Open Source Promotion Union (COPU)
- Co-chair of the Linux Foundation SPDX Working Group
- Co-chair of the Massachusetts Technology Leadership Council’s Open Source Cluster