Black Duck Software is the leader in open source software security and compliance. With thousands of new vulnerabilities reported each year, our customers require timely data on vulnerabilities and actionable remediation strategies.
The analyst will be responsible for performing in-depth security analysis associated with open source projects facilitating the delivery of accurate and actionable security information. The successful candidate would be expected to engage with senior team members and assist with security research efforts.This position will be based out of our Belfast, Northern Ireland office and will report to Director of Security Research.
- Perform vulnerability analysis and documentation
- Engage with senior security researchers
- Document security tools and associated systems
- Perform security research activities on both known and unknown vulnerabilities
Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of various operating systems and common applications
- Ability to perform vulnerability/penetration assessments.
- Familiar with various testing tools & strategies
- Knowledge of detection & protection technologies (IDS/IPS/WAF)
- Awareness of KillChain model
- Solid understanding of existing threats & mitigation / remediation strategies
- Demonstrate strong problem solving abilities whilst being able to work independently
- Scripting experience (Various: Python /Perl/Java/Ruby etc)
- Fast paced and versatile.
- Understands the importance of strong process and structured documentation / reporting capabilities.
- Degree in Computer science / related field
- Knowledge of various testing techniques including static & dynamic analysis, fuzzing
- Demonstrated understanding of the Secure Development Lifecycle (security requirements, threat modeling, attack surface analysis)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Capable of working in a fast paced agile environment
- Strong commitment to customers
- Excellent team collaboration
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in Mountain View, CA, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing. For more information,
Interested applicant should apply via Black Duck Careers