- You will need to be able to collect requirements from internal sources and transform them into functional and design specifications.
- You will write easily maintainable and well-commented code that is easily understood by others.
- You should be proficient in understanding existing code and debugging tactics.
- You will always actively seek out to improve the process, find better, faster and more efficient methods for development.
- 5+ years of experience with Java, J2EE and associated technologies;
- Strong working knowledge of Spring and Spring Security frameworks;
- Experience with HTTP and consuming RESTful API’s;
- Ability to understand and parse XML, JSON and serialized data;
- Experience with unit testing (JUnit, Mockito) and Test Driven Development;
- Knowledge and direct experience with software deployment and build/release processes. Knowledge of at least one of the following: Maven, Gradle, Jenkins.
- Willingness to learn and implement tools using standard Java methods and our own Black Duck SDK.
- Strong knowledge of database schemas, SQL (embedded and stored procedures) data access layer programming.
- Solid knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Understand the importance of software development methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, RAD, RUP) and software design techniques (UML, entity relationship diagramming, use cases, data flow diagramming); know how they impact the quality of your design process, team collaboration, and work product.
About Black Duck Software
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants should apply via: Black Duck Careers