Software Architecture Consultant: Belfast
Software Architecture Consultant
If you are a Senior Software Engineer who is looking to progress into Solutions Architect role or Software Architect who is looking to gain client-facing experience, then look no further than a Software Architecture Consultant position at Black Duck Software.
As a Software Architecture Consultant, you will be able to leverage your wide range of technical knowledge to evaluate customer’s code-base and environments to present strategic findings and recommendations to customers. You will act as a software expert to customers and will have the opportunity to interact with senior level management and technical resources from the companies that we do business with.
You will be an individual contributor in our collaborative team and viewed by our clients as a software expert, is responsible for performing audits and authoring reports. The Software Architecture Consultant will also actively participate in improving Black Duck’s software audit process. The position will be located in our Belfast, Northern Ireland office and reports to the Manager of Code Quality Audits (CQA).
The ideal candidate has experience in developing full stack with multiple languages, developing server side, has at least working knowledge of 2 software development life-cycle Methodologies; and is a strong verbal and interpersonal communicator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Primary Responsibility will be to perform Software Audits, which will include the following:
- Collection, analysis and reporting of code metrics
- Analysis of the customer’s development procedures, including manuals and technical documentation
- Develop a detailed understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the customer's development architecture and tools
- Recommendation for corrective action will be provided in the audit report created
- Contribute to the improvement of Software Audit process:
- Develop new analysis subjects
- Speed up the process via automation
- Conduct open source assessment services as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience. Master’s Degree is a plus
- Firm grasp of the Software Development Life Cycle, Agile methodologies, Object Oriented design unit testing, integration testing, etc.
- Have knowledge of various build environments is a plus
- Familiar with Software Quality Assurance Plans
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Experience with software development tools, Code Repositories and Build Tools is a plus
- Customer facing experience is a plus
- Previous experience working as scrum master is a plus
About Black Duck Software
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing. For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com.
Interested applicants may apply via: Black Duck Careers