Senior Implementation Consultant - San Jose, CA
Black Duck's Implementation Consultants work in the Professional Services group and provide a variety of services to our customer base related to the implementation of Black Duck products. Viewed by our clients as a software expert, the Implementation Consultant is responsible for assisting clients through the implementation life-cycle, analyzing customer workflow and development processes, software auditing and implementing OSS management best practices.
The Senior Implementation Consultant is based in our San Jose, CA office reporting to the Manager of Consulting Engineering who is based in our Burlington, MA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership for client implementations, including requirements gathering, business analysis, system configuration, testing, and training
- Develop a detailed understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the Black Duck Software Applications
- Provide guidance for business decisions from a technical perspective on issues such as: performance, scalability, reliability, and security
- Deliver software code review services to customers in order to determine compliance to security and license policies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in a business environment with a technical focus
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, including internationally
- Customer-facing experience
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Experience with Linux operating systems and command-line interfaces
- Familiarity with software development tools and practices, including IDE’s, Code Repositories, Binary Repositories and Build Tools
- Basic understanding of networking
- Ability to debug code or scripts
- Database and SQL knowledge
- VPN, tunneling, and any type of remote access experience (VNC, RDP, etc.) is a plus
About Black Duck:
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, Belfast, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via: Black Duck Careers