Program Manager – Software Development and Integration
Are you inspired by technological innovations? Do you demand the best from your professional career? At Black Duck Software, you will have the power to make a real impact. As the global market leader for providing open source software management solutions, Black Duck Software helps over 1,500 companies and organizations in more than 20 countries.
Purpose & Objective of Position
We offer the opportunity to apply theoretical knowledge to explore solutions to real-life technical problems. The selected candidate will work with a dynamic, fast-paced Black Duck Research team that play a key role in building products and services that create value for Black Duck customers and partners. The selected candidate will have access to support from the world-class data scientists, domain experts, software developers and the user experience teams. We strive to create an environment that is both productive and fun. We are located in the beautiful greater Vancouver area that has a variety of restaurants, public transit and shopping malls. It’s truly a place that we like to call “Innovation Valley”.
More information about Black Duck Research can be found at: https://www.blackducksoftware.com/research
- Work with our research teams to manage the software development, processes and technologies
- Work with our product and engineering teams to integrate software prototype(s) developed by our research teams that showcase innovative concepts into our standard software product(s)
- Ensure that integration of evolving research based solutions into our standard software products support and align with the company's overall strategy and goals
- Conduct internal demonstrations of the enhanced software product(s) at regular intervals, to communicate progress and solicit feedback from various stakeholders
- Manage multiple software development tasks using SCRUM and AGILE methodologies
- Follow up on latest software development trends and share the knowledge among the team
- Communicate product vision, clarify use cases and requirements, resolve issues arising during development
- Participate in project meetings to support project goals, requirements, processes, deliverables, and timelines
- 8-10 years of software development experience, preferably in an environment using AGILE practices
- 5-7 years of programming experience with Java, restEasy framework
- 5-7 years of experience with database technologies (PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Strong research, analytical, and project management skills (PMP, PMI, ACP, CSPM certification preferred)
- BSc or MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science from an accredited university
- Excellent written, presentation and listening skills; good interpersonal skills
About Black Duck:
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in Vancouver (Canada), San Jose, Belfast, London, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via: Black Duck Careers