Principal Ruby on Rails Engineer
The Principal Ruby on Rails Engineer, as an individual contributor in our small and highly collaborative team is responsible for the design, development, review, testing and deployment of Open Hub code. This position reports to the team technical lead.
The ideal candidate is a skilled and experienced software engineer who believes in the value of Open Source Software (OSS) and the OSS community. Desirable skills and capabilities include experience in an OO language (we use Ruby and ROR; existing ROR experience is a big plus), data analysis and presentation, hands-on experience building and maintaining highly available web sites, and effective communication and team collaboration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in daily standup, scoping, sprint reviews and planning
- Design, development, review, testing and deployment of Open Hub code
- Review and provide feedback on new feature specifications
- Respond to customer requests and inquiries
- Monitor and maintain production servers
- Use skills and experience and learn new skills to further the Open Hub product and infrastructure
- Hands on experience in developing and maintaining software products used in production situations
- Object oriented software design and development experience using Ruby and Ruby on Rails, or Java, C++, PHP and/or Python. Must want to work in ROR.
- Experience working in Unix environments
- Practical experience in web-based applications
- Practical experience working with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to operate with limited guidance
About Black Duck Software
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, Vancouver, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
About Open Hub
The Open Hub team is using the latest versions of Ruby and Rails. We are building new and very exciting features to continue to increase Open Hub relevancy in the Open Source world. And we are doing some significant re-architecting of our internal platform. This is a very exciting time for the Open Hub team!
The Open Hub team develops features agilely, using TDD, git, Capistrano, Puppet, Bootstrap.js, HAML, PostgreSQL, along with the Rails stack. We close every sprint with a retrospective and apply lessons to continually improve our processes. We are proud of our history of inclusive, respectful dialog that is the foundation for our high-performing team. Come join a small, dedicated team building and maintaining the world’s premiere site of analytical and social data on Open Source and FOSS projects.
Interested applicants may apply via Careers at Black Duck Software