Pre-Sales Engineer Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Black Duck Software is the leading supplier of open source software securit and compliance management solutions. The Pre-Sales Engineer provides specific technical expertise and support to the sales process for our application development products, which identify OSS components embedded in customers applications. This position works very closely with the greater China sales team to understand a prospect’s business, identify solutions based on Black Duck Software product offerings, and present those technologies and the value proposition of a Black Duck Software solution.
- Creates compelling software demonstrations that address prospect’s business needs
- Delivers software demonstrations to security, technical and legal audiences
- Develops and conducts technical briefings, comfortable presenting in front of C-level executives
- Develops and presents technical briefings, and other presentations as needed
- Supports the sales team as needed by traveling to client and prospect sites as part of a presentation team; performs standard demonstrations as part of these calls/meetings
- Participates in developing responses to RFPs and other sales proposals
- Initiates and manages multiple proofs of concepts, working directly with the prospect to deliver upon their success criteria
- Provides support for trade shows as needed
- Provides technical support to the sales team, including maintenance and update of demonstrations and associated data
- Works closely with Black Duck Engineering to provide feedback on product updates and enhancements
- BSCS or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a high-tech software company, preferably in a sales support role with previous
- Software Engineering background with understanding of SDLC, Devops tools and current software development and deployment technologies
- Working knowledge of J2EE and Unix/Linux technologies
- Working knowledge of RH/Docker containers
- Ability to present to clients and prospects
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed and work extended/irregular schedules if needed
- Manages time effectively; ability to multi-task across various sales cycles
- Application security and vulnerability familiarity.
- Knowledge of DAST/SAST tools a plus.
- Open-mindedness, with the willingness to learn new skills and technologies
About Black Duck:
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers