Marketing Manager - EMEA
Black Duck’s EMEA Marketing Manager will ensure the best interests of Black Duck are continually represented through planning, developing, and implementing marketing and demand gen programs that will reinforce the corporate message, drive success and generate revenue/pipeline within the region.
The EMEA Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing and will be liaison with the international sales force to build awareness and grow revenue in the region with a focus on DACH, Nordics and Benelux countries. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the EMEA sales and worldwide marketing team to develop and implement marketing and demand gen programs (PR, Webinars, Campaigns, and Events) in EMEA region
- Maintain the corporate strategic objectives, direction and vision in all marketing activities and materials.
- Develop project plan with milestones and own high-level project management of each program.
- Design campaign/program measurement goals and metrics. Report on results.
- Ensure the Corporate identity and overall look and feel is maintained in international initiated lead generation programs.
- Drive company awareness of legal/cultural requirements for regional marketing activities and programs.
- Initiate and manage international events.
- Develop close and measurable relationships with select influencing communities and associations.
- Manage deliverables with International Partners, Distributors and Resellers.
- Select, develop, and manage vendors for in-country marketing communications services.
- In collaboration with the worldwide marketing team, oversee localization/translation of collateral and German website
- Work with the Director of Marketing to manage the budget for regional programs
- Collaborate with VP of Business Development on potential joint partner marketing in the international arena.
- Coordinate with Corp Communications team and international public relations resources to develop press and speaking opportunities.
- Project manages special Domestic Marketing projects on an as-needed basis, managing the development of project plans, timelines, & budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or equivalent
- 5+ years marketing experience working for a fast-growing or enterprise software company
- Experience planning and running marketing programs in EMEA region
- Native German speaker or German fluency required
- Familiarity with software company sales/business model is highly desirable.
- Experience working in security software and/or open source software industry a plus
- Self-motivated, highly driven
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen aptitude for data and segmentation approaches
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong cross-functional and team collaboration skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to understand and adapt marketing programs to EMEA markets
- Ability to think strategically about successfully competing in EMEA market
- Willingness to travel internationally (30%)
About Black Duck Software
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, Vancouver, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing.