Director of Contracts
Director of Contacts
As Director of Contracts, you will be tasked with drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts in support of Black Duck’s procurement, sales and other corporate functions, as well as with participating in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for contract review, negotiation and administration.
The Director of Contracts reports to our Vice President and General Counsel and is based in our Burlington, MA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts relating to services, software licensing, confidentiality and other common areas daily
- Identify and mitigate risks connected with non-standard conditions and other party changes in proposed contractual documents
- Review and prepare various business agreements, documentation, correspondence, forms, and reports which may be required to support business development activities, solicitations, contract awards, subcontract awards, and related activities
- Maintain and assist in developing standardized contract templates, playbooks and internal knowledge management resources
- Participate in the development of policies and processes for processing and administering contracts
- Collaborate with stakeholders from other business units on implementation, training and compliance with respect to contract review and approval processes
- Be a trusted business partner providing timely, thoughtful and helpful responses to requests from internal customers
- Counsel internal customers regarding company policies, legal issues, and risk tolerance
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience, developing, reviewing and negotiating contracts in a multinational, high-tech/software company
- A demonstrated understanding and strong working knowledge of common contractual issues associated with commercial agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple simultaneous demands under time pressure, and to re-order priorities on short notice
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Previous experience interacting with business people and executives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Work experience at high tech companies, including experience interacting with engineers or other technologists, is highly desirable
About Black Duck
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, Vancouver, London, Frankfurt, Belfast, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com.
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers