Culture Coordinator Co-op - Fall 2017
Black Duck is committed to attracting, retaining and engaging the best modern workforce through having dedicated resources and programs that focus on company culture. We are seeking a creative, energetic, detail oriented and eager Culture Ambassador Co-op for Spring 2017, who has what it takes to be successful at both representing and executing on our company culture program in a fast-paced environment. Our overall company goals are supported by our culture program focusing on what it means to be a D-U-C-K: Dedication, Uniqueness, Customer Focus, and Knowledge.
The position is based in our Burlington, MA office location. It reports directly to the VP, Culture and Chief Culture Officer. And we are seeking a candidate who will help Culture Management in building world-class company culture program with new ideas, events, and programs to improve both the mental health (vision, mission, programs) and physical fitness (amenities and facilities) of our company culture. Self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal, service-oriented, creativity and planning skills are invited to apply.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Help plan and execute corporate events in support of the internal cultural initiatives of the company. Examples of types of programs would include: Annual Sales Meetings, President’s Club, Sales Trainings, Quarterly Company Meetings, Summer Company Outing, Holiday Party, Intern/Co-op Program, and Monthly Culture Events.
- Manage company events calendar posting employee events and internal promotional campaigns. Including booking quarterly meetings, monthly themed events, team and intern/co-op events, customer visitations/quest events.
- Assist with planning, shopping and use of seasonal and themed decorations for the common areas of the HQ office.
- Interface with external vendors including suppliers, entertainment providers, caterers, restaurants, give away vendor, event venues, and audio/visual companies.
- Maintain and track the Culture Budget involving invoice, purchase order, data entry and spend analysis tasks.
- Provide regular communication to the volunteer Culture Ambassadors in the regional offices: San Jose, Vancouver, Reading UK, Belfast and Tokyo, to keep the informed and engaged.
- Provide companywide communication support through the development and deployment of our internal video and digital signage system: Black Duck CultureTV.
- Manage our company giveaway program: Gifts, Customer On-Boarding Packages, New Employee Bags, and internal and external use and availability of Branded Wearables.
- Provide culture services support to the College Recruiting resource in HR for Co-Ops and Interns including orientation, Lunch-and-learns and networking/bonding events throughout the year.
- Assist facilities resources in the optimization of our physical office space. For example: procurement of duck related artwork, maintenance of intern/co-op school banner wall, stocking rubber duck walls, etc.
- Assist in the production of internal promotional videos for the Culture, recruiting and HR functions.
- Maintenance of the storage areas to optimize use for setup, breakdown and execution of themed company events.
- Coordinate our internal award programs: The D-U-C-K Peer Recognition Award, 5 and 10 Year service, and periodic contest awards, examples: Chili Cook-off, Halloween Costume, Holiday Decoration Contest, Pie Baking Contest, Internal Mini-Golf Tournament, etc.
- Various projects as assigned because there is something new in this job every day.
- Current student studying English, Media, Marketing, Psychology, Business, Communications, Sales or related field.
- Familiarity with events management a plus.
- Use of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint is of particular use.
- Any video, shooting and editing, is also a plus.
- Organized and detail-oriented. An articulate and extremely strong communicator.
- Ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
About Black Duck:
Organizations worldwide use Black Duck Software’s industry-leading products to secure and manage open source software, eliminating the pain related to security vulnerabilities, compliance and operational risk. Black Duck is headquartered in Burlington, MA, and has offices in San Jose, CA, London, Belfast, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Vancouver, Seoul and Beijing.
For more information, visit www.blackducksoftware.com
Interested applicants may apply via Black Duck Careers