Regulation, Standards, Innovation, and Automation
As a financial services organization, you need to be agile, innovative and competitive. Open Source has become the natural solution to many of these pressures, as it addresses these needs while also permitting IT organizations to spend development resources on those innovations that are truly differentiating. Mobile technology, in particular, is a game changer in the consumption and delivery of financial services. Of course, with innovation also come challenges.
The financial services industry has unique and complex concerns, from the Basel III regulatory framework to adherence to PCI DSS. And for companies having debt or equity securities traded in the US, Sarbanes Oxley represents complex layers of individual and corporate responsibilities. Managing compliance with standards and regulations is the price of entry. However, successful compliance at almost any scale requires automation.
Black Duck open source management solutions for financial services provide the most comprehensive automated governance and compliance tools available. When millions of lines code meet an equal number of standards, regulations, and obligations, our solutions are the benchmark for:
- Balancing the benefits of open source while mitigating risk and ensuring regulatory, corporate and technical compliance
- Helping developers find and assess the best OSS components from among the hundreds of thousands available on the Internet
- Controlling what components are integrated and deployed
- Maintaining quality when software is built from code compiled from large numbers of external components
- Managing code across the application lifecycle – both open source and internally-sourced code
- Balancing cost and creativity
Black Duck Solutions
Black Duck provides software and consulting to deliver end-to-end solutions throughout the development lifecycle. The Black Duck® Suite is a comprehensive set of governance and compliance automation tools that enable development organizations to harness the power of open source technologies and methods. Black Duck Consulting offers open source governance, policy, and strategy consulting services to help you achieve your business objectives. Ohloh, a free community resource, is the most comprehensive public directory of OSS and the contributors who create and maintain it. Ohloh Code is a publicly available, free code search engine indexing more than 10 billion lines of code.