Black Duck Online Training & Certification
Black Duck is dedicated to helping our customers master the use and proper management of open source. We’ve created comprehensive online training and certification courseware that provides both an overview of open source and training on the Black Duck® Suite, our flagship solution for open source governance and compliance.
Our Internet-based courseware provides modules designed specifically for a variety of roles and responsibilities related to code management, governance and compliance. From administrators and developers to approvers, auditors and engineers, all employees will learn how to manage open source to encourage innovation, increase the speed of development and ensure compliance with their organization’s policies.
The training is divided into units designed for specific roles including developers, customization engineers, auditors and others. With these targeted courses, employees can learn the most important information regarding using open source to accomplish their business objectives.
- Introduction to the Black Duck Suite provides a general overview of the Black Duck Suite and the business challenges it solves. The Introduction is a pre-requisite for all learning tracks.
- Administration of the Black Duck Suite: Code Center trains students on the proper administration of Black Duck® Code Center™.
- Administration of the Black Duck Suite: Protex trains students on the proper administration of Black Duck® Protex™.
- Open Source Requestor trains developers and team leaders to use Code Center to request the use of open source components in development projects.
- Open Source Approver trains individuals responsible for approving or rejecting open source component requests to use Code Center to locate information about open source requests, licenses and component suitability.
- Open Source Code Auditor trains developers to use Protex to discover which open source components are contained in their source code, including a detailed understanding of how to perform analysis and identification of source code, string searches and dependencies.
Customers of Black Duck online training courses can login here.
Black Duck also offers on-site training for face-to-face education in the comfort of your own facilities.
Features and Benefits:
|On-Demand Education||Students can learn on their own schedules and gain the knowledge they need, when they need it.|
|Interactive||Flash-based application simulations allow students to learn-by-doing, helping enhance knowledge with practical skills so they can accelerate the use and management of open source.|
|Online||Convenient and always available, customers can access the training from any location with an Internet connection.|
|Skill Assessment||During and at the end of each module, students are presented with assessment checkpoints to reinforce their learning.|
|Role-Based Learning Tracks||Students focus specifically on the courses relevant to their job, saving both time and money.|
|Consistency||Every student is taught the exact same program material, without any variation in the experience.|