Open Source Audits for Due Diligence
Your business, legal and engineering teams need a fast, secure and thorough analysis of software intellectual property (IP) assets when an M&A transaction is in motion. Black Duck's open source audits help you quickly find and identify open source and third party code along with related software provenance and licensing obligations.
We perform hundreds of transactions per year for some of the largest and most active acquirers. Organizations rely on Black Duck experts to augment their due diligence process to uncover unknown open source components and the associated legal, export and security issues.
Our processes are fine-tuned and our expert consultants are trained to provide the responsiveness, speed and discretion required to reduce business risk, meet deadlines and keep the deal moving.
Black Duck's open source audit services enable you to:
- Discover undeclared and unknown open source and third-party software to mitigate potential legal exposure
- Receive a more thorough and accurate analysis than possible through manual audits
- Identify encryption technologies that can impact and restrict the legal export of acquired software
- Make modifications and quickly remediate any potential issues
- Identify security vulnerabilities that can impact software asset value
Contact us today to receive a due diligence quote.