Automate Open Source Compliance
While open source software (OSS) is free, it comes with license obligations that must be met. Black Duck® Protex™ is the industry’s leading solution for managing open source compliance. Protex integrates with existing development tools to automatically scan, discover and identify software origins, an integral step in the development process and essential for enforcing license compliance and corporate policy requirements.
Protex helps you reduce business risks and complete software projects on-time and on-budget by automatically analyzing software contents, providing a bill of materials (BOM), uncovering potential risks early in the development cycle and identifying due diligence-related concerns well in advance of an audit. The Rapid ID™ feature automates the discovery and identification of open source code and Express Scan provides developers with a high-level snapshot of a code base in 80 percent less time than industry norms for code scanning. Protex is highly scalable and can support development teams of any size, whether co-located or geographically distributed, and can be deployed on premises or as software as a service (SaaS). Protex is also available as part of the Black Duck Suite, a comprehensive, automated approach to governance and compliance that integrates across the application development lifecycle.
- Fast, thorough discovery and identification of OSS and proprietary software components
- Easy to use browser-based user interface
- Comprehensive license management leveraging the Black Duck® KnowledgeBase™
- Project review and approval automation with Code Label and BOM reports
- Enterprise-class client-server architecture centralizes compliance data for shared access and collaboration
To learn more about how Protex can help your organization maximize the power of open source, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.