Automate Open Source Governance
Black Duck® Code Center™ is the leading platform for open source governance and helps organizations leverage the power of open source technologies and methods. Developers know that using readily available open source code, along with third-party and internal code, provides a major productivity boost. However, if not managed properly, mixing code from multiple sources can introduce significant quality, licensing, technical, security and business challenges.
Robust software development policies and procedures must be in place in order to mitigate business risks, but without automation tools, rules and regulations can bog developers down and prevent them from doing what they do best: producing high-quality software.
Code Center supports an enterprise-wide framework that allows corporate decision makers to collaborate seamlessly while managing software development policies. As part of the Black Duck® Suite, Code Center automates key governance processes such as:
- Searching for and selecting open source software (OSS)
- Obtaining approval for code use
- Monitoring for changes and security vulnerabilities
- Cataloging components for reuse and standardization
Additionally, it provides developers with unprecedented visibility into component availability and desirability. Code Center is highly scalable and can support development teams of any size, whether co-located or geographically distributed, and can be deployed on premises or as software as a service (SaaS).
- Configurable and automated approval workflow
- Catalog of approved components allows you to track where components are used in other applications and encourages standardization and reuse
- Enterprise IT and workflow system support
- Daily security alerts provide actionable information to help keep components secure
To learn more about how Code Center can help your organization maximize the power of open source, contact