Automate Encryption Export Compliance
Companies that export software from the United States must follow the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) Export Administration Regulations (EAR). This process is becoming logistically complex given that the use of open source and third-party code is on the rise. It’s difficult to know what’s in your software, and auditing the code base has historically been a manual and time-consuming process.
Black Duck® Export™ automatically discovers encryption algorithms within a code base and identifies applicable export rules, allowing software development organizations to easily address:
- Cryptography export compliance
- Government reporting
- Licensing requirements
- Policy management challenges
Export is also available as part of the Black Duck Suite, a comprehensive, automated oss logistical approach to governance and compliance that integrates across the application development lifecycle.
Export also creates an online repository of encryption export compliance data and documentation for audits and process verification. The complex and cumbersome export preparation process can be easier, faster and less expensive when you leverage the automation features in Export.
- Fast, accurate code analysis that leverages the Black Duck® KnowledgeBase™
- Rapid ID™ capabilities allow you to “teach IDs” for future analysis
- Extensive reporting capabilities capture all encryption export regulatory compliance data and information for each software or software-based product
To learn more about how Export can help your organization maximize the power of open source through mastery of oss logistics, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.