For a full list of Black Duck events in the APAC region, please visit our Japanese website.
Investing in software:
Do you really know what you are buying?
Date: Tuesday, May 14th
Location: London, UK
In this seminar, key aspects of technical debt and associated risks in investing/acquiring tech companies will be examined in the context of a acquisition so that attendees can gain a greater understanding of these issues and how they can be addressed as a part of the financial and legal due diligence into the target, including in relation to:
- Open Source Software and the importance of understanding whether the open source is licensed correctly and how it can otherwise jeopardize proprietary intellectual property.
- Redundant legacy code and how redundant code can lead to substantial time and resources being wasted on supporting unnecessary, unwieldy and surplus code which can also impact on the achievement of future business goals.
- Code Quality and how this can cause challenges in technical convergence post acquisition and impact further product evolution and revenue.
For more details or to register, please visit - advance.blackducksoftware.com/content/ENEventTechnicalDDMay13
Automotive Linux Summit
When: May 27th-28th
Where: Tokyo, Japan
For more details, please visit - http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/automotive-linux-summit-spring
When: May 29th-31st
Where: Tokyo, Japan
For more details, please visit - http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/linuxcon-japan
Date: June 2nd – June 5th
Location: Orlando, Florida
For more details, please visit - http://www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/innovate/
Open Source Enablement:
Balancing Technical Innovation with Legal Compliance
Date: Wednesday, June 19th 2013
Location: Toronto, Canada
Join this seminar from Black Duck, Blakes and GTC Law Group, discussing:
- The latest OSS trends
- Overviews of some of the most popular OSS licenses (including the GPL)
- Some common case studies for OSS management
- The impact of OSS during mergers & acquisitions and other transactions
- Inner-sourcing and improving developer productivity with OSS
For more details or to register, please visit - http://advance.blackducksoftware.com/content/ENEventCanadaJun13